- Starting at the root, pluck a single strand from behind your ear.
- Hold one end of the hair with your thumb and index finger.
- Using your other hand, run your fingernail along the strand from the top to the bottom (sort of like curling ribbon). Once you reach the end, the strand will curl up.
- Hold the strand tight again for a few seconds and release.
If the hair coils up again, the hair is strong and healthy. If the strand remains straight or creates a looser curl, it is weak and unfortunately needs repair.
What to do:
If you find that your hair is on the weaker side, there are a few steps you can take to improve its health.
- Moisturize and protect. The hair is weak so you need to focus on protecting the strands from breakage and further damage. You can do that by using a Thermal Protection Spray, reducing heat exposure, and adding moisture to the hair strands. Use the Ovation Crème Rinse Moisturizer daily and a Deep Conditioning Treatment either once a week or twice a month.
- Nourish. While you’re taking steps to protect the existing hair, you can also work to create healthy re-growth by nourishing the scalp. The Ovation Cell Therapy will provide the scalp (& damaged hair) with vitamins, protein, extracts and more. Applying these nutrients directly to the scalp will create long-term healthy (& much stronger) hair.
Even if your hair didn’t pass the test this time, by taking these simple steps, your hair will be back to its bouncy self sooner than you think.
Stronger hair is within reach!